Child Custody Lawyer in Allentown
Also Serving Individuals and Businesses in Easton, Bethlehem, PA, and Surrounding Areas
Child custody and visitation rights can have a significant impact on your life and often involve difficult legal issues. If you are in the process of divorcing or separating from your spouse and are concerned about how child custody and visitation will be decided, you may be feeling a great deal of uncertainty and anxiety. At Garrett Benner, P.C., we can help you navigate the family law system and work towards a resolution that is in the best interests of you and your child.
Our team of child custody attorneys in Allentown understands the challenges you are facing and will work hard to help ensure you receive the custody arrangement that is most beneficial for you and your child.
To speak with a child custody lawyer in Pennsylvania, contact us online or call (877) 443-8598 today.
How Is Child Custody Decided in Pennsylvania?
When determining child custody and visitation, the court will look at the best interests of the child. The court will consider the following factors:
- the child's health and safety
- the parties' abilities to perform their roles as parents
- the child's interaction and relationship with parents, siblings, and others, including the child's routine
- each parent's ability to provide for the child's needs
- the child's preference if he or she is mature enough to express a preference
- any evidence of domestic violence, child abuse, or other relevant evidence of the parents' ability to provide a safe environment for the child
How Long Does Child Custody Last?
There is no set time limit on how long child custody lasts. However, courts often prefer to grant shared custody arrangements, especially when both parents are fit to be parents. Custody arrangements can also be modified in the event that a parent's circumstances change.
How Do I Protect My Custody Rights in PA?
If you are concerned about your child custody rights, you may be feeling a great deal of uncertainty and anxiety. At Garrett Benner, P.C., we can help you navigate the family law system and work towards a resolution that is in your child's best interests.
To help ensure you maintain custody of your child, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Keep your child's routine stable
- Keep your child's best interests in mind when making decisions about your case
- Document your child's routine, habits, and preferences
- Document your child's strengths and talents
- Communicate with your ex about your child's progress
What Is a Pendente Lite Order in a Child Custody Case?
A pendente lite order is a temporary court order that is issued during the pendency of a case. In child custody matters, this type of order will often grant temporary custody to one parent during the divorce proceedings, so that the child can continue to live with them.
Contact Our Child Custody Lawyer in Allentown Today
At Garrett Benner, P.C., our Allentown custody lawyers understand how important your child is to you and your family. We will work hard to help you obtain the best possible custody arrangement for you and your child.
To speak with a child custody lawyer in Allentown, contact us online or call (877) 443-8598 today.